Caregiving can become an unexpected and often unwanted responsibility—it can tax your patience and your energy. Even in the best of situations, there will be challenging moments and conflicts with elderly loved ones and/or family members. This can make an already stressful situation even more demanding. Our care managers have the professional expertise to help you through this difficult time.
We provide the objectivity that is necessary when caring for loved ones or when making critical decisions about their medical needs. After we obtain basic information by phone, our Thoughtful Care staff will visit with your family member and perform a complete medical, social and environmental assessment. We use this assessment to develop a care plan that best meets your loved one’s unique needs.
Following our on-site assessment, Thoughtful Care can provide, but is not limited to, the following care management services:
- Arrange for in-home private pay home care
- Manage and supervise caregivers
- Provide ongoing support and communication to the family and interested parties
- Coordinate/attend medical appointments including physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medication management
- Arrange for assistive devices or home management tools to ensure safety
- Arrange for placement in a facility when appropriate
- Assist with moving to and from a seasonal home
- Coordinate bill payment and insurance filing
- Provide regular visits and monitoring when family members are not available
- Crisis intervention in case of an emergency-such as a hospitalization
- Coordinate legal help for estate planning, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare directives and Medicaid
- Work with trust departments and elder law attorneys to provide needed services
Medication management is a service provided to help support safe and effective use of medications.
- Medication set up with medication box management
- IV Antibiotics and Fluids
- Reordering Medication
Nurse assist is a nurse provided service to ensure that our clients healthcare needs are met.
- Liaison with doctors and communicate with family
- Coordinate medical transportation
- Coordinate with caregiving staff
- Assistance at medical appointment
A biometric screening is a clinical screening done to measure certain physical characteristics. It gives a snapshot of your health and alerts you to any changes in your health status.
- Height, weight and waist measurements
- Estimated body mass index (BMI) based off your height to weight ratio
- Vitals: blood pressure, pulse, temperature and oxygen level
- Lung and heart assessment
- Total cholesterol screening
*Biometric screening is not a substitute for a regular physical examination by your healthcare provider and does not diagnose disease. Biometric screening can help indicate any risk factors between visits
Proper wound care helps provide an appropriate environment for healing and prevent infection or other complications.
- Basic wound care
- Dressing changes
- Wound packing
- Suture and Staple removal
How do I know I need a care manager?
We often do not see the gradual changes in our loved ones. Is your family member experiencing:
• Loss of short-term memory
• A decline in personal hygiene
• Feedback from physician or others that living alone is no longer appropriate
• Difficulty keeping appointments or making appropriate self-care decisions
• Weight loss
• Improper use of medications
Contact Thoughtful Care for Quality Elder Care
Finding reliable geriatric care shouldn’t be stressful. Thoughtful Care is here to help answer all of your questions and help you care for your loved ones. Call us at (913) 312-9561, we are available 24 / 7 to help answer your questions.