Brain Exercises for Memory Care
For families with a loved one who has memory loss in Kansas City and Overland Park, staying sharp is a priority. Research shows that challenging the brain can slow memory loss and strengthen neurological connections. What do we at Thoughtful Care recommend for brain health?
Check out our tips:
- You guessed it– puzzles. Crossword puzzles, math puzzles like Sudoku, and even jigsaw puzzles keep those neurons flexing. Spend time each day figuring out something challenging.
- Chess challenges short-term memory and strategic thinking. Find a partner or a class in Kansas City and play a game.
- Lumosity is a highly recommended brain game app that measures and tracks your memory skills and progress.
- Yoga and tai chi are great for general flexibility and fitness, but they increase blood flow to the brain and help with sleep—both qualities of brain health. Seniors can find lots of classes in Kansas City and Overland Park.
- Socializing has been found to be an important part of keeping the brain young. Get friends together for regular visits, even if they are short and sweet.